Mon, ?, Tues Artwork,Wed. Recipes,Thrus.Haiku's Fri. Meditaition Creation Sat. Pink Sat, Sun, Sleep

Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, September 14, 2009

Oil Potrait, Nevada artist paints ocean portrait


Day two,

It's a good day for painting!! It's raining, cold, and gray.

I am starting with a stretched canvas 16" x 20", medium textured, acid free, triple primed!!

For oil paint. non toxic

I like to sketch out the image first, this gives me an idea of where the subjects are if they are centered, even and if the composition looks balanced.

This of course is not a very detailed drawing and don't' be surprised if things change as I go along.

I really wanted to know where the horizon line is so I can put the sky and water in today.

a rule of thumb, ( I occasionally mess with) is that NOTHING goes in the center horizontally or vertically.

More to come,

Jean

http://www.redbubble.com/people/com

No comments:

Post a Comment