Mon, ?, Tues Artwork,Wed. Recipes,Thrus.Haiku's Fri. Meditaition Creation Sat. Pink Sat, Sun, Sleep

Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

What's on my Easel

"The Corners of My Mind"

Acrylic, 8" x 10"  This is the third piece of artwork I created for the poster for the Vagina Monologues.


I was trying hard to figure out what it is that separates each women from each other and the lives they share with the world.
It is true that women wear many faces. It starts when they are young and  innocent, letting their imaginations run free.
As woman  matures some of that innocents fades away.  They must learn to get along, co-exist and change with lives situations.
She will become a  daughter, sister, cousin, aunt, lover, wife, and mother.
Each with its own mask, each with it's own set of rules.
But as I have read many stories about women, their stories have one common thread. Of course, this too might be said for all mankind as well.
We all want to be accepted, we all want to be appreciated, we all want to be loved.
Enjoy my artwork and enjoy the song that inspired it. 



Deep within the corners of my mind
Melody Gardot
I keep a memory of your face
And I only pull it out
When I long for your embrace
Deep within the corners of my mind
I'm haunted by your smile
As it promises me joys
Like a journey to a tropic isle
It's not hard to see what you do to me
It's like a page right out of fist time wave
Though I try to fight
All the word you write, leave me standing
In the starry robe in some tragic lovers place
But deep within the corners of my mind
I'm praying secretly
That eventually in time
There'll be a place for you and me
That eventually in time
There'll be a place for you and me
There'll be a place for you and me
Deep within the corners of my mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQEz16re1-w&feature=related

Be inspired,
~Jean

1 comment:

  1. that is so beautiful! I love the meaning behind it. It's so true about the many faces we show during different stages in our lives.

    ReplyDelete