Mon, ?, Tues Artwork,Wed. Recipes,Thrus.Haiku's Fri. Meditaition Creation Sat. Pink Sat, Sun, Sleep

Followers

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

GETTING EVERYONE ON THE SAME PAGE WHEN IT COMES TO ART....

GETTING EVERYONE ON THE SAME PAGE WHEN IT COMES TO ART....
"Art... is a means of union among men, joining them together in the same feelings, and indispensable for the life and progress toward well-being of individuals and humanity."
Leo Tolstoy
 
I spend much of my day looking at art, visiting online museums, and working on my own artwork.
I have often thought that art should bring a response from the viewer. Yes, sometimes I fall to painting a still life only because it brings me the pleasure of painting and doing something productive. After all a pear is only a pear and you can't really respond too emotionally to that.
Pear, acrylic, Jean Hart Artwork, www.zazzle.com/jeanhar1*
 
However, I strongly feel that art should be used to be a representation of history. I like that some art pieces really stop me in my tracks and make me think. I like to ponder over artwork and figure out what the artist is saying in symbol and color. Those pieces give me pleasure as well.
Midnight Souls, Jean Hart
Some artwork can be strong enough to give a viewer a purpose to change an opinion. Strong enough to evoke emotion of change. Hopefully enough to be continued to be viewed.
Soul Song, Jean Hart
Some art questions to think about today are;
1. Do you believe people sometimes spend too much time and energy focusing on art, to the neglect of more important matters?
2. Is it enough to receive pleasure from art, or should it also foster a change in spirit?
3. Have you ever seen a painting that moved you so much that you had to share it with everyone you know?
Abundance, Jean Hart
Be Inspired,
~Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment