Mon, ?, Tues Artwork,Wed. Recipes,Thrus.Haiku's Fri. Meditaition Creation Sat. Pink Sat, Sun, Sleep

Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 19, 2012

365 Days of living

365 Days of Living.......
Winter has returned just in time to still say its winter....Tomorrow is the first day of Spring~!~! But looking around my house all I see is snow.
Once when I was feeling really snowed in and depressed because winter was lasting much too long, I decided I needed to embrace the snow. So I went outside and made a snow labyrinth. This really was fun to do and  I challenge you to do something creative with the snow in your yard too. I don't see it melting away before spring gets here.
Winter can last until April where I live. Its a time for reading. Its a time to stimulate your brain. I like to check out new magazines that I don't usually read. Just so I don't become bored with the usually ideas.
Here's a magazine I picked up last week, "The Mental Floss, Where knowledge junkies get their fix". Well how could I resist!!! or you can go to mental floss.com for their online magazine.
One of the article's I will share is about Hallmarks best selling Mother's Day Card....this card has been a best seller since 1939!!!
Being an artists who turns her canvas artwork into note cards, I found this interesting. What are people buying and buying and buying for over 50 years???
It's the Pansy Card. A sweet little cart filled with pansy's, with a note that reads, "To Let You Know I'm Thinking Of You". What's on the inside , "Pansies always stand for thoughts-at least that's what folks say. So this just comes to show my thoughts are there with you today."
SWEET, SWEET, SWEET.
You can bet I will be painting pansies some time soon.
I would never have known this if I didn't pick up a unfamiliar magazine.
"Stimulate your brain. Don't allow  yourself to become bored with life."
this from the little book of 365 ways to energize your life.
Be Inspired,
~Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment