Mon, ?, Tues Artwork,Wed. Recipes,Thrus.Haiku's Fri. Meditaition Creation Sat. Pink Sat, Sun, Sleep

Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2012

Walking the Labyrinth

First Prebsyterian Church of Twin Falls

Walking the Labyrinth
This week Kerry and I walked a Labyrinth in the First Presbyterian Church of Twin Falls.
This is one of the many things on my list I want to do this year. It is my goal to find and walk on as many Labyrinth's as I can. I am on a spiritual journey this year. Having almost died this year by heart failure after my knee surgery my body has been under internal stress. I say that I am rebuilding a body since each month some part of my body has shut down, spine, lungs, ears, eyes etc..... But each time I have been able to recover. I am told it's a two year process.
So as I continue with my health journey, my spiritual journey has become a strong yearning.

There is no right way to walk the labyrinth. You only have to enter and follow the path. Your walk can encompass a variety of attitudes. It may be joyous, thoughtful, prayerful or you may use it as a walking meditation.
Some general guidelines for your walk.:
Focus, pause and wait at the entrance. Become quiet and centered. Enter.
Experience: Walk purposeful. Observe the process. When you reach the center, stay there and focus for a few moments. Leave when it seems appropriate. Be attentive as you retrace the path in exiting.
Exit: Turn and face the entrance. Acknowledge the ending with a bow or an "Amen".
Reflect: After walking the labyrinth, reflect back on your experience. Some find journaling or drawing as a way to capture the experience.
Walk Often.
This was truly a pleasant experience. Kerry enjoyed the meditation as well and told me later that he would like to build a labyrinth in our yard around the olive tree we are planning to plant the summer.
Be Inspired,
~Jean
www.zazzle.com/jeanhar1

No comments:

Post a Comment